Monday, November 11, 2013

In Bloom in Warm November

It is now November, but here in Southern California the weather is still warm. Most days are still in the 80s, and a few days dipping into the low 70s for the high! For those who don't use Farenheit, it's still warm and even hot at times! My tiny garden is still in bloom, and many plants considered annuals in colder climates survive winters here, and are considered perennials. Everytime I read a gardening article in a magazine or online I always wonder what it really is like to deal with frost! I am grateful that I don't have to think about it! My little bitty garden continues to thrive and manages to stay colorful in our temperate climate here. The red salvia, marigolds (I love my french ones!), yarrow, dahlias, impatiens (obsessed with double flower and new guinnea!!!), geraniums, dianthus, begonias, mums, white and purple asylum, and a few others are all still workin' it, as pictured below!! Just took these pics this morning!!! So cheerful!

























No comments:

Post a Comment