Thursday, August 15, 2013

Succulents


I started an area in the tiny garden for succulents. I'm not sure I chose the right spot. It's sort is just in the middle of everything, but it certainly doesn't look bad in my eyes! I'm still working on it and learning about filling out the empty spots. I purposely left some space in between to allow for growth. I've got quite an assortment of succulents in there. I've placed some purslane, moss rose, and gold sedum in there to mix it up a bit. I hope it turns out okay! I'm hoping too that I can start a succulent garden behind my classroom with my kindergartners and first graders when the new school year begins at the end of this month. We've usually planted mammoth sunflowers, herbs, veggies, and wildflowers. It ends up looking trashed during the summer. Succulents would just fare better with no care over the summer months. Plus, it's so cost effective since propagating from cuttings is so easy.  What do you think?

I probably should move the "hula" themed garden decor to another area of the yard! By the way, to the right is a
Lantana that I was hoping to train into a tree. Also, where the "hula" stuff is places, there is a blue plumbago growing. That's for anther blog post!

You might notice that I moved the spray painted cacti that I got from Home Depot from a previous post into this area. If you compare the pictures, they've actually grown and the paint is wearing off.


No comments:

Post a Comment